The Philippines - A UNESCO World Heritage Site
Azores Liveaboard - June 4-11, 2022 - $3995 PPDO
The Philippines have opened their borders and now you can dive one of the best dive sites in the world... Tubbataha Reef.
Our charter gets you to this pristine location that has not seen scuba divers for more than 2 years. You can be among some of first the divers to experience this amazing location. The Tubbataha Natural Park, also known as the Tubbataha Reefs Natural Park, is a protected area of the Philippines located in the middle of the Sulu Sea and east of Palawan. The marine and bird sanctuary consists of two huge atolls and the smaller Jessie Beazley Reef covering a total area of 97,030 hectares.
7 Nights, Check-in June 4, 2022 and Check-out June 11, 2022 - $3995 PPDO
- Deluxe stateroom or Owner's Suite (upgrade) accommodations
- All meals & snacks, local soft drinks
- Up to 5 dives per day including night diving - night dives are subject to conditions
- Social servings of local beer & rum and social servings of wine with dinner
- Unlimited Nitrox valued at $204.00
- Transfers to/from Manila and Puerto Princessa - Round trip transfers between Manila and Puerto Princessa are $244.00 per person. Rate includes roundtrip domestic economy airfare between Manila and Puerto Princessa with 70 lbs. of checked luggage per person, domestic terminal fees, private air-conditioned van between the international terminal and domestic terminal in Manila, round trip private air-conditioned transfers between Puerto Princessa Airport and the Azores, personal airport ‘Meet & Greet’, and luggage assistance. This rate is subject to change and applies when at least a minimum of 4 are traveling together on the same transfers otherwise a different transfer rate may apply.
- Marine Park Fee - $120.00 Marine park fees
- Equipment Rental, onboard purchases, classes
- Emergency fuel surcharges, if needed.
How to get to the Philippines and Tubbataha: Divers fly to Manila (MNL) then take a domestic flight to Puerto Princesa (PPR) located on the island of Palawan. Guests board the Atlantis Azores on Saturday at 5 pm. The boat leaves port around 7pm for the 10-hour journey to Tubbataha and arrives the next morning to start diving.
Tubbataha Dive Sites
Northern Tip of North Atoll
Fissures and crevices lead into it where nurse and whitetip reef sharks can be found resting during the day. Small manta rays, stingrays, and spotted eagle rays, together with numerous turtles have all been spotted. The wall has huge gorgonian fan corals, soft corals, and barrel sponges. Blacktip, whitetip, and grey reef sharks can normally be seen.
Southern End of North Atoll
Malayan, Wallstreet, and Amos Rock are the best dive sites. Photographers will enjoy these sites with Denise pygmy seahorses clinging to the sea fans. Scorpion fish, moray eels, and ghost pipefish are found.
Northern Tip of South Atoll
Highlights include Black Rock, T Wreck, and Eiger Wall. You will lose count of the number of green and hawksbill turtles in the area and marble stingrays in the sand. Eagle rays and large grouper and giant trevally are seen.
Southern End of South Atoll
This area is known for its lighthouse and is home to famous dive sites Delsan Wreck and Black Rock. Hammerheads and occasional whale sharks are seen. Guitar sharks are found in the shallows.
Jessie Beazley Reef
On Jessie Beazley Reef you can see schools of bumphead parrotfish and napoleon wrasse. The shallow reefs are full of colorful tropical fish like the regal angelfish and titan triggerfish.
Southern End of North Atoll
The dive starts on a gentle slope that is covered in superb unmolested corals and ends with a wall covered with dramatic gorgonian fans where divers can often spot pygmy seahorses. If there’s current, you’ll come across a wide variety of large fish, including narrow-barred spanish mackerel, giant trevally, red snapper, napoleon wrasse, and giant groupers.
You can make this a Combo Trip
Add the Atlantis Dumaguete Resort - $2336 PPDO
7 Nights, Check-in May 28, 2022 and Check-out June 4, 2022 $2336 PPDO
1) 7 nights deluxe room double occupancy, Free Upgrade to Garden Suites subject to availability
2) All meals at Toko's Restaurant
3) Coffee, hot tea, iced tea, and filtered water are complimentary throughout the day. Italian, other specialty coffees, and fresh juice are complimentary until 10am with breakfast and available for a fee thereafter.
4) Up to 5 dives a day including night diving
5) Apo Island Day Trip
6) Unlimited internet access
7) Unlimited Nitrox valued at $156.00
1) Atlantis provides round-trip transfers between Manila and Dumaguete at a cost of $208.00 per person. Rate includes roundtrip domestic economy airfare between Manila and Dumaguete with 70 lbs. of checked luggage per person, domestic terminal fees, private air-conditioned van between the international terminal and domestic terminal in Manila, round trip private air-conditioned transfers between Dumaguete Airport and resort, personal airport ‘Meet & Greet’, and luggage assistance. This rate is subject to change and applies when 4 to 15 guests are traveling together on the same transfer otherwise a different transfer rate may apply.
2) The marine park fees are approximately $120.00. This estimate may be high as actual fees are charged by dive in 2021 at 210 pesos per day dive and 350 pesos for night dives. Guests pay these fees at the resort on their personal bill at check-out. These fees are set by local municipalities and can change at any time.
3) You can purchase additional day trips to Apo or Sumillon for $114.00. A day trip to the whale sharks at Oslob is $138.00. Rates are subject to change.
Coral Restoration - Vacation with a Purpose
Atlantis Dive Resort - Dumaguete, Philippines
Book a trip to Atlantis Resort Dumaguete and participate in a coral reef restoration project..!
In partnership with the Keys’ Coral Restoration Foundation, along with the Loveland Living Planet Aquarium in Utah and The Mead Foundation for sustainable development in the Philippines, this highly regarded 44-room tropical resort is busy building a large coral nursery in Dauin — and inviting visiting divers to help out for a week in September 2022. Restoration dives will involve collecting broken coral fragments from the reef and placing them on the nursery trees; at the same time, there’ll be educational sessions about coral ecology and conservation techniques.
Known for its frogfish and black volcanic sands, Dauin has long been a bastion of marine preservation in a country where 98% of the reefs are currently classified as threatened. The Atlantis Dumaguete Resort is situated just minutes from more than 20 dive spots, most are marine protected areas with reefs marked by buoys, where all activity is regulated and no fishing is permitted. Day trips from the resort include nearby Apo Island, Siquijor, and Oslob for snorkelling with whale sharks.
Atlantis Resort Dumaguete - Philippines
Summer Sale - Save 15%
Inclusions: Accommodation in deluxe room; All meals at Toko's Restaurant (breakfast drinks, Italian and specialty coffees are included); Coffee, tea and filtered water are available from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm (Italian and specialty coffees are not included after breakfast); Unlimited internet access; 2 day trips to Apo Island or similar; Unlimited scheduled boat diving (up to 5 dives a day including night diving; excludes equipment rental, dawn dives, additional day trips and Nitrox fills).
Exclusions: Transfers to/from embarkation/disembarkation; Marine Park Fees; Nitrox; Land Excursions.
Price for this vacation is US$1,639 per person including all taxes.
Atlantis provides round trip transfers between Manila and Dumaguete at a cost of $260.00 per person. Rate includes roundtrip domestic economy airfare between Manila and Dumaguete with 30 Kg of checked luggage per person, domestic terminal fees, private air conditioned van between international terminal and domestic terminal in Manila, round trip private air conditioned transfers between Dumaguete Airport and resort, personal airport ‘meet and greet’, and luggage assistance. This rate assumes at least 4 passengers traveling together on the same transfers.
Thalatta Resort - Maluay, Philippines
Book 6 Nights, Get 7th Night FREE
Experience the Philippines underwater world with over 3000 species of fish and over 450 species of corals.
Located just south of Dumaguete City, and about a 20 minute ride from the airport, Thalatta Resrt is the perfect vacation resort for the entire family. Thalatta Beach Resort faces Apo Island and is located in Maluay Zamboanguita, close to the Apo Island Pier.
We are offering a Summer 2015 deal valid for travel from June 1 to October 31, 2015. Book a 6 night stay and get the 7th night FREE. And for the dive package, 10 dive package gets 2 FREE dives; 15 dive package gets 3 FREE dives.
Thalatta all inclusive package for 2 divers, 7 nights accommodation, full board meals,15 dives and round trip transfers from/to Dumaguete: total for 2 divers $2000 USD. Ask for our discount!
Thalatta Beach Resort - Philippines
We Get You Here…!
Our dive buddies at the Thalatta Beach Resort are offering us a great deal on a dive package for travel between October 15 to December 1, 2014. Thalatta Resort is located in Maluay Zamboanguita and the resort faces Apo Island. The area offers fin-tastic diving and the resort is staffed with friendly and professional people. Our package at Thalatta for 7 nights, all meals + 2 drinks daily and 10 dives is normally $1650 for two divers (not per person) but is on sale now for $1350 for two divers, SAVE $300. Contact us for availability and other dive package options (15 dives and 20 dives).