Utopia Village Resort
Utila, Bay Islands, Honduras
Last Minute BOGO Sale
We have a last minute sale at Utopia Village offering a great BOGO deal. Book one diver and the second diver is 50% OFF. Travel dates November 7 to December 19, 2015.
- Diver package $1700 / $850 plus tax. Non-diver package $1400 / $700 plus tax.
- All PADI dive courses are 50% OFF
- Group of 4 divers: 2 pay full price, 3rd diver is FREE, 4th diver is 50% OFF.
- Solo diver, no problem….NO single supplement.
Playa Escondida Resort - Sayulita, Mexico
Needless to say we had an amazing, relaxing trip to Playa Escondida this past week (Oct 10-17, 2015). We can't say enough about this place…the people, the food, the Luna Alegre room, the pools and restaurant area, and the wild and crazy surf. If you want a special vacation to a secluded, small resort (only 29 rooms), this could be your destination. Contact us for special rates. You can also find some short videos on our new YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSexlRqk3GnjxOMw0ZAJOqA
Airport Travel Tips
You may have seen these airport travel tips but they are worth repeating as we get ready for our winter dive travel to tropical destinations.
- Getting through security checkpoints is always a major hassle. A little preparation can save you time and aggravation. Be mindful of the carry-on restrictions. Before your trip, stock up on small travel-size toiletries that are allowed for carry-on. This may also reduce your bag weight.
- If you are travelling internationally, weigh your bags before you leave home and again, be mindful of weight limits as they differ from airline to airline. You may also have to weigh your carry-on bags so remember the check specific airline restrictions and weigh your carry-on before you leave for the airport.
- There are a number of smartphone apps available to help navigate airport terminals. Gate Guru (www.gateguru.com) is a favorite as well as Seat Guru (www.seatguru.com) for getting that seat with a bit more leg room. If travelling through the US, TSA information is also available (http://apps.tsa.dhs.gov/mytsa/).
- A common trick to save a couple of bucks….carry an empty water bottle. Many airports now have water bottle fill stations near drinking fountains. You can avoid the high price of bottled water at post-security shops and restaurants.
- Many people are right-handed and tend to choose checkpoint and immigration lines to the right. You may find lines to the left shorter with less of a wait. Of course, signing up for the TSA Pre-check program can also save you time and hassles in security line.
- We have changed our dive gear bags from soft-side bags with rollers to lighter canvas sport duffel bags and we have saved close to 10 pounds in bag weight. We do need to get luggage carts now but we rarely worry about dive gear weight, and when we are on a liveaboard with limited storage space, these soft duffel bags compress to save cabin space.
- Take a photo of your boarding pass with your smartphone. Then you won't have to worry about opening your email program to find the boarding pass. We also take photos of our travel documents, passports, C-cards, and other personal records that might get misplaced. Check out our smartphone app as it has a section just for this purpose (Liquid Diving Adventures on the Apple app store or Google Play).
- That camera in your smartphone can be used to take pics of your luggage, your parking lot location and other common travel events that you may forget after a week of scuba diving. Use that phone for more than just selfies…!
- We have started to purchase a bottle of wine or other alcohol at duty free. We don't save much on the cost of the bottle but it can really save on the resort bar tab. You might consider some of the mini-bottles of alcoholic beverages to mix with a free soft drink on the plane. Just remember to pack them in a plastic baggie to get through the security checkpoints. And remember to use caution when bringing alcohol into to some Middle Eastern countries for travel to the Red Sea.
- If you are not a frequent flyer member and don't have access to Premier Lounges, you may find some clubs will allow for day purchases. It may be worth the extra cost (say 420 to $50) to get out of the crowd if you have a long layover.
Travel safe, dive safe and have great adventures…!
2016 DEMA Dive Show Group Specials
One of the most popular dive destinations in the Caribbean, well actually, more than one…!
Little Cayman Beach Resort and Brac Reef Resort are offering great group deals for 2016. Travel dates for both resorts are July 2 to December 17, 2016. Contact us for group deals and free of charge spaces for groups of 10.
Little Cayman Beach Resort
Little Cayman Beach Resort package includes 7 nights accommodations, 12 boat dives (6 2-tank dive days), three gourmet buffet meals daily, airport ground transfers, and welcome rum cocktail. Pool view $1695 per person, Ocean View $1943 per person group rates. Ask about free of charge (FOC) spaces and our discount rates.
Brac Reef Beach Resort
Brac Reef Beach Resort has recently been remodelled and they are ready to show off their improved facilities. Diving is still provided by Reef Divers, known for their "valet service." Your package includes 7 nights accommodations in a beach view room, 12 boat dives (6 2-tank dive days), three gourmet buffet meals daily, airport ground transfers, and a welcome rum cocktail. Get this package for $1425 per person double diver occupancy. Meet us in the bar for a "K" beer or a yummy mudslide.
Playa Escondida Resort - Sayulita, Mexico
We are starting to post some short videos to our YouTube channel. We are playing with our GoPro and having a blast. We have yet to be able to schedule any dives but really enjoying the resort, the beach and the pool. This is an amazing resort….!
Liquid Diving Adventures YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSexlRqk3GnjxOMw0ZAJOqA